Yes, Let's is a summer drama program for kids ages 10-14.
In Castlemaine (venue to be determined), 2-4pm for three Sundays in January, 2023 - Sunday 15th, 22nd and 29th, there'll be games, acting techniques, stage craft, script development and performance.
Yes Let's encourages and embraces diversity and inclusion. We actively want all participants to feel welcome and brave enough to participate fully and enjoy being who they are, whoever they are. Yes Let's is a drama game but also a philosophy for life. It's about accepting offers, facing challenges, colloborating over competing, connecting and building community.
Price is $240 for the three sessions. Once registered, you will be sent an invoice to confirm your place. Please email us if you'd like to make a payment arrangement.
Yes, it's a drama program. Yes, there will be acting and games and fun and performance. Yes, it's an opportunity to meet new kids and make new friends. Yes, it's local and a chance to build community. Yes, there's a cost but we do offer discounts and payment arrangements for those who need it. No child is every excluded due to financial reasons.
The program is facilitated by Michelle Dorian, who has produced, directed, acted, written and taught performance workshops. Michelle was a director for one of the pieces in the Walk With Us, Untold Castlemaine Production for the Castlemaine Theatre Company and is on the company's committee of management. Co-facilitator, Paul Kooperman, experienced drama teacher, youth theatre director, playwright and screenwriter, having written for Home and Away, Wicked Science, The Wedge and other television shows, lectured in story telling and screenwriting at Swinburne University, winner of several awards and author of the books: "Script to Screen" and "Writing Short Film Scripts"
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Participants should be between ages 10-14 (at least 10 at the start of the program)
2. Cost is $240 for all three sessions, we don't encourage participants to come for individual sessions)
3. Participants should bring their own water bottle, we will provide a snack (so ensure your dietary requirements are on the form.
4. We have a COVID safe plan which includes social distancing where possible and running games outside if and when appropriate.
5. We are a fully inclusive organisation embracing diversity and encourage all participants to do the same.
6. We are a child safe organisation and our focus is on fun and the wellbeing of participants. We will do everything we can to ensure all participants are safe, enjoy themselves and feel more confident when they leave the program.
7. Parents will be immediately notified if an incident of any kind occurs with their child.